Salmon skewers and Handy Manny
Today is going ok with the food part. I think. The being a SAHM part was decent. Riley was up at 4 he had a nightmare and Tim went in and laid with him… and fell asleep. So he took the car today as opposed to riding his bike like he has planned since he needs to leave at 5. Ah well.
Riley came into my room this morning at 7. I’m not a morning person but we got up and came downstairs, Handy Manny and Mickey’s Clubhouse were calling our name! I think I have a little bit of a crush on Handy Manny, he can fix anything and is single, plus he’s got his own place and his own truck. What more could a girl ask for?! I need a handy man, my man is handy… with a computer. Not handy around the house. Example: Dishwasher is draining really slowly… he thinks “I’ll throw some vinegar in it to see if that helps!” I on the other hand take it apart and clean out all the *GAG* grossness caught in the drain screen. Ta Da! It works. If I had Handy Manny around I bet you a lot more of my home improvement projects would be done!
- 3/4 cup of Rhubarb crisp with 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 whole wheat bun with 1/4 avocado, 1 serving of turkey, little bit of margarine (didn’t really need it), lettuce and tomato from the garden
- several bites of Riley spaghetti and meatballs (about 5)
- 3 wheat thins with cream cheese and strawberry jam (this was eaten at random times during the day, not all at once!)
- lemon dill salmon skewers with brown rice and tomato salad – these were a new recipe and man were they tasty!
- about 6 cups (maybe 7) of popcorn with salt, no butter
- A LOT of water
So far I think today is an ok day. Tim is home tomorrow so that always makes my eating go a little wonky but already I’m being more mindful of what I shove into my mouth. Especially since I’m telling ya’ll about it!