Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
So this is my version of a low-fat oatmeal raisin cookie. I was asked to make cookies by my Husband and my baby... and he's so cute with his little coo's of "Ookie" how could I turn him down?! (Now did I mean my husband or the baby? >:))
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup apple sauce
* 3/4 cup white sugar (I used Splenda)
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In large bowl, cream together butter, apple sauce, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 70 cookies. 2 Cookies is 1 ww point!