Meal Planning Week 41 of 52
I’ve lost my blogging mojo temporarily again. I’m not sure how or when it happens but it just doesn’t seem to jive with the rest of my life sometimes. There are far too many reasons to list right now without boring you. I also haven’t found which day works best for blogging lately because (big shocker here) I don’t have posts made up ahead of time. What you see is probably what I wrote about an hour ago. Anyways, I’m going to try and figure it all out and keep my blog mostly up to date. Mainly for me because I’m pretty sure no one other than me and my husband when I ask him to, read my blog. I’m ok with this, it’s taken me a while to come to the realization that there are so many blogs out there that most of them get lost in the shuffle, even really good ones. No, that does not mean I’m claiming to be a good blog. I started this for me and I’m still doing this for me.
- Italian Pot Roast. I’m not even going to link to what I tried because it was very disappointing… if you want a good pot roast stick to an english one… from this experience I would say Italians don’t know what they are doing and while it didn’t ruin the meat it was no where near as good as it should have been. Stick with yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, carrots, and parsnips, gravy, and of course an amazing piece of meat that has been cooked to fork tenderness. If you're feeling crazy do a green salad on the side and something light for dessert, perhaps a fruit crumble?
- Chicken burrito bowl. Yum.
- Hash with runny eggs on top. Once again something I threw together and regretted it later. It was perfectly edible but so not what I wanted.
- Beef and Barley Soup. Martha, you never let me down.
- Fish Tacos. I’m making my own tortillas and I have cod. I think it’s cod. Was going to top it with a cabbage slaw but I have an abundance of carrots so carrot slaw it will be.
- Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
- Cornbread and Beef Skillet Pie
Have a good rest of the week all! I'll try and get my shit together for next week.