Meal Planning Week 18 of 52
Curried Chicken and Coconut Rice - leftovers
Anelletti Pasta with Sausage and Greens
Pita Pizzas also need to make Rice Krispie Squares and some kind of baking. Doing coffee after service at church on Sunday.
12 Things you don't know about me (unless you know me really REALLY well, yes, I'm looking at you, Tim)
1. I like my peanut butter warm and oozy. If it's not I will microwave it for 10 seconds just so it is.
2. I rarely wear my hair down, even though I have long hair.
3. I love coffee and English/Irish breakfast tea equally. I limit myself to having one or the other 3 times a week.
4. I am paralyzed but the thought of failure. It keeps me from being who I dream of being on a regular basis.
5. Dr Pepper is my favourite pop. Did you know if you put Coke and Amaretto together it taste like Dr Pepper?!
6. My favourite places on earth is the country, and I don't mean 5 minutes out of the city, but really in the middle of nowhere, Tim and I take Cowboy Trail to Banff every year just so I can look out the window and see nothing but farmland and emptiness. The other is the ocean, the smell, the sound, how it looks. It calms me. Which honestly, is hard to do.
7. I don't have many friends. I have tons of acquaintances but only a handful of people that I love dearly and would do anything for them. They are the family Tim and I have chosen for ourselves and I'm so happy to call all of them my friends.
8. I am closer to my Mother in law and sisters in law than my own Mother and sisters. When I married Tim I found the sisters that I always hoped that my blood sisters would/could have been.
9. I miss my father, some days my heart aches so badly I'm sure it will never heal from the loss of him. It saddens me to think that my boys will never get to know the amazing man he was.
10. I love camping. I love taking the boys camping. I cry sometimes when camping, I feel it's unfair that my Dad isn't here to share camping with his grandchildren.
11. I go to church almost every weekend. I'm struggling right now though, I don't feel anything lately when I'm there. It makes me sad. I feel lost. I remain faithful.
12. I've watched and rewatched Six Feet Under and Big Love over and over. Favourite shows ever. I finished Big Love this past Friday for the third time and I still cried when Bill died.
Well, some of that got a little heavier than I had planned. Sorry about that. Apparently I needed to let it out.
Meal plan is easy this week. Basics with a little flair. I need to decide on what to make for coffee service on Sunday after service at church. I have a few ideas... Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels, Puff Wheat Squares, Sweet Tea Cookies, Blueberry Crumb Bars, or Spiced Applesauce Cake? Thoughts? What would you want? I stayed away from nuts... not sure about allergies. I'm for sure making rice krispie squares and something and taking some boxed jammy cookies. Just need to decide what that something is going to be.
Looking for some inspiration from a awesome food blog? Check out Dash and Bella. Beautiful pictures and recipes and the stories are honest.
Have a good week everybody!